Monday, August 25, 2014

Hello, it has been awhile.

"Would you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"– so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

Sometimes when things get particularly hazy in life, it is often difficult to take the advice of a disappearing cat from a children's book.  It is precisely these moments however, that the advice of fictitious animals are the most relevant.  There are many things I could blame for my one year absence from Lookbook and this blog (and fashion in general), but if I am going to be completely honest (because it is a completely honest kind of day), most of that blame rests on me.  There is no crazy story or "busy-life-doing" that has thrown me off the face of the fashion-universe,  just one of a person being extravagantly average and wandering through the misty fog people often refer to as "life/the future" wondering what is just around the riverbend (Pocahontas seems to have a better grasp of life than most).
To be completely honest again, I still have no clue.  I know with great certainty that there is more to myself than this blog or my Lookbook profile or even my Facebook page (cue gasps).  Some people have that one thing that they ground their past, present and future on: a talent, a passion or a purpose.  Others drift through life wondering when it will hit them and when their life will change.  Identifying myself as the latter, I do not know what I know except what I know I do not know.  I am more than fashion, I am more than pictures.  I am also (but more than) neuroscience, psychology, Catholicism, feminism, literature, science, culture, community...

I am probably not in the best position to say this but if there is one thing I've learned from being a woman, and a human being, is this: We are often more than the sum of our parts.

You are sure to get somewhere if you walk long enough.







Wearing what should be a pair of baggy pants from Tree of Life (being short has its quirks) and Asos sandals.  
Accessory: Taken from my mum's old jewellery box
Photographs by Ben. Watch him play video games here !

No comments:

Post a Comment